Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Some knitting, some stuff

Work continues on the Bird in Hand mitten #2. It's looking good and I'm almost to the end of the thumb gusset. Little goals, little victories.

Also on the needles is a button-down sweater vest for my better, nicer half. I'm using Cascade 220 in a rich dark blue. You can't tell from this picture, but the color is really nice. There are tiny bits of green, teal and red. But not enough as to seem heathery or feminine. Hubby likes this kind of vest, and so far it seems to be pretty much a no-brainer. The pattern comes from Knitting the Easy Way, which I found for $5.99 in a local book store. This project is what I work on when I'm visiting with someone or in the car or when my brain is past its prime. The stitch pattern is super easy; knit a row followed by one row of k1p1. So far, so good.


Just a couple of non-knitting items.

First, my boss sent me this little blurb from the newspaper. I'm probably the only knitter who didn't know this tidbit of info. "Help birds build nests by giving them leftover yarn. Cut the yarn into 3-inch strips and put them in a netted bag, similar to the ones garlic or onions come in. Hang the bag in a tree to attract nest makers." I thought this was very clever, and will now start stock piling all those tiny scraps. Think of how beautiful these new birds' nests will be with some shots of Noro Kureyon and other fun striped sock yarns.

Finally, while wandering alone in Hobby Lobby last week, I ran across a fairly large display of bandanas. Char likes to get a bit dressed up when we go places, so I indulged her. Here are just a few that I selected for her.

No more news from this end of the needles.

No comments: