Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back to Knitting

With all that crazy snow management, there was no time or energy left to do even one single stitch. Today is much better for sitting with a project. I have started Mitten #2, and am pleased with the progress. I bought a 47" Addi Turbo Lace needle to use for the magic loop method. I like the magic loop so much better than dpns. It seems less cumbersome, and I feel like it's going faster. Here's where I am so far.


On Friday my tiny, but very important, order from Schoolhouse Press came. I now have patterns for Aspen-Yoke Sweater, EZ's Rib Warmer, Baby Surprise Jacket and a Top-Down Seamless sweater. What a little treasure!

I think the Baby Surprise Jacket will be the first to tackle. How exactly does it go together? I cannot wait to find out.

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

I've thought about doing the baby surprise jacket...but not ready for it yet. :)

I wouldn't say that the Rainbow pattern is one that would be hard to learn but it takes a while to get used to the way she writes the short rows. If you've never done short rows its good practice. Let me know if you need any help. :) I have some tutorials that might help too.